Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Official

...I'm packing up my Twinsies and my Hubby and taken 'er East...moving home...my home...where my heart is and always will be. 

It's funny, because I always knew one day I'd go back...to retire maybe.  But then decided I want my girls to have the safe small town up bringing I had.  So that is what we're going to do...give them the best small town on the East Coast...the best to me of course!

We're young, why not....as the Retired community as saying "Are you crazy"? Yup, maybe a little, and I love it...I love being crazy...I'm going to be crazy with my family...crazy with my friends...crazy on the beach...crazy at the parks...crazy on beautiful nature walks...crazy with backyard fires...crazy roasting marshmellows with my girls and seeing their beautiful smiles and the melody of their giggles and laughter...

Of course I can't say it's not bittersweet, as I depart a life, a life I've had for the past 12 years, in a beautiful city, I might add.  Depart some AMAZING lifelong friends I have made...depart some really wonderful colleagues...depart the birthplace of my daughters...bittersweet indeed.  But as they say, change is good...and a change is what we're getting.  And I can't wait...bring on the change. 
One thing is, I pray that there is a job for us...I know god works in mysterious ways, so I'm hoping he's working in my corner for this one.  All we want is a nice and easy transition. 

So here's hoping my crazy life gets a little more crazy...some east wind and the smell of beach and fries...and lots and lots of snow...!  Yes, that's right, bring on the SNOW!  My girls will love it...and I can't wait!

Home is where the heart is I guess and my heart and soul is in Dalhousie, New Brunswick.  Here's hoping I find both of those things...I hid them, over 15 years ago, and I'm going home to find them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'LIKE'!!!!
I am so happy and excited for you and just know this move will be the best decision ever!
You are right. Home is where the heart is & I think you should follow your heart :)
Will miss you for sure!!
love Pam xxoo